Shooters Depot
Price List
Best In The World
Global Establishment
SD/GKD Manufactured
NFA Products (Class 3)
The A.R.I.E.S System
NA5 System
“Shorties” & “Extra Shorties”
Short Barrel Rifles (SBR)
Short Barrel Shotguns (SBS)
Carbon Fiber Suppressors
Any Other Weapons
SD/GKD Manufactured
Non-NFA Products
GKD Custom rifles
Magazine Articles
Exotic Firearms
Legalities NFA (Class 3 weapons)
Suppressor “hoopla”
Suppressor Science
Why choose SD/GKD products
About Shooters Depot
Military/Law Enforcement Website

(“Class 3” weapons ) LEGALITIES

National Firearms Act "Class 3 Weapons" photoNational Firearms Act "Class 3 Weapons" photo National Firearms Act "Class 3 Weapons" photo National Firearms Act "Class 3 Weapons" photo National Firearms Act "Class 3 Weapons" photo National Firearms Act "Class 3 Weapons" photo

All the above featured weapons are Transferrable to Civilians in 35 of the 50 States. Regulations are changing from State to State, so, to be sure of the current regulations in your state, contact your local Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and ask them.

To our knowledge, the following States BAN the following :
Machineguns are banned in : CA, DE, DC, HI, NY, WA.
Suppressors are banned in : CA, DE, DC, HI, IL, KS, MN, MO, MS, NY, NJ, RI.

These States allow “Class 3” or “2” Dealer ownership : CA, IL, KS, MN, MO, MN, NY.

As mentioned above, some States would have additional requirements (like LA, MD) so make an effort to call your local BATFE to make sure of the details.

You don’t need a License to own an NFA weapon. If you can legally buy a pistol (no felonies etc.), you can get all of the above. You will need a completed and signed “Form 4” (5320.4), a “922 Compliance” form ( F 5330.20), 2 sets of fingerprints, 2 passport photos and payment of the appropriate “Transfer Fee”.

For machineguns, suppressors, short barrel shotguns, short barrel rifles and destructive devices you will pay a one time (per item) Transfer Fee of $ 200.00 .

For “Any Other Weapons” the Transfer Fee is $ 5.00 (yes, five dollars).
The Transfer of the ownership will take 90 days from the day the BATFE receives your completed paperwork and payment. Your local “Class 3” Dealer will supply you with the paperwork after a Serial Number has being established and registered with the BATFE (case of special orders).

So, in layman’s terms, you pay for the item and if it comes from stocked inventory it gets transferred to your local Dealer ( “Form 3”, about a month later) . He assists you with your paperwork and sends it in for the three months waiting for the Transfer.

If it has to be made, you allow for the manufacturing time, then the item is reported as newly manufactured to BATFE (establishment of the Serial Number, takes 2 to 3 weeks) and then, the above described procedure follows.

The bad news is that you pay for one of these babies and you only get it after all the paperwork is approved and in your hand, 3 to 6 months later. The good news is that if you can buy a handgun legally and your State allows these weapons, you are not going to be refused. It is mainly an exercise of Transferring the ownership to you (thusly called “Transfer”) and since it is not a License, it does not need to be renewed or any other fees as long as it remains in your ownership.

In all our years of Transferring these weapons, we had never had a refusal yet.

If you entertain a notion that you can by-pass all this and get you one of the above “under the table” without paperwork, make previous arrangements with your local Federal prison before hand, ( choice of upper or lower bunk, work detail etc.) because you are looking at a felony, 10 years in there and up to 250,000 in fines per item ( illegally owned machinegun with suppressor = 2 felonies ).

One more “kink”:
Machineguns (not the other NFAs) can only be owned by Civilians if they are registered as such by May 19, 1986. This is the reason that transferrable machineguns are gaining over 25% of value annually !!! Better investment than Real Estate, if you ask me. For any questions, please call us.